Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Domestic Assault, Mother and Son

Quote Quoting cyjeff
    View Post
    Please state the statistical basis for these "facts".

Specifically, that women victims are far more likely to be killed by their husbands than husbands by their wives.

Thanks.
    FBI stats.

http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/off.../homicide.html
    http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/off...rtable_10.html

Really, though, do you doubt it? How often do you read in the newspaper about a guy getting shot to death by his wife? Then compare that to how often you read about a guy strangling or beating his girlfriend to death.

It is pretty hard for the average sized woman to kill a man without a gun. Even with a knife, a man can often disable her from stabbing him. An average sized man can kill a woman with his bare hands simply by pressing on her trachea for long enough or holding a pillow over her face. How often do you read in the newspaper about a woman who strangled her husband to death or suffocated him with a pillow? I can't think of a single instance of that. There may be if the guy were disabled, but if so, I haven't read about it in my neck of the woods. Compare that to how often you read about a man doing that to a woman he is in a relationship with.

I can't believe someone would doubt that. You must not read the newspaper much.

Quote Quoting viol8te
    View Post
    However, oftentimes famale pepetrator battery is not reported so true statisctical data on that poulation has not been ascertained yet.
    This is true, and I lament the fact that movies/music often portray it as acceptable for a woman to hit a man. However, the size difference is relevant here. I can't generate much force with my bare hands and am more likely to be laughed at if I did connect than to cause damage. Now I am smaller than the average woman but the upper body strength of the average woman is still much less than that of the average man's.

This is common sense. I might be able to hit a man, but without a weapon, I can't do much damage. Even with a weapon I am likely not to do much damage. I could be easily disabled from hurting a man or even a young male teenager even if I were armed unless it were with a gun. This is why I don't walk alone at night.

Which is a good point. If a woman gets assaulted when walking alone at night, lots of people think, what a dumbass, what was she doing walking alone at night? The reason they think this is that they understand how helpless the average woman without a weapon is against a man. To the point if we venture outside alone at night we are thought to be morons if we are assaulted. Yet people want to argue about whether or not the size difference between the genders is relevant to domestic violence.

And it is not even just at night. Right off the top of my head I can think of a high profile woman killed in broad daylight jogging in a park - Chandra Levy. How often are men jogging in a park in broad daylight killed by women? Come on people.

You'll note that I never mentioned violence at all.

I was merely referring to manipulation. There is, after all, more than one type.

It seems that once again, the thread is about a personal agenda rather than the law.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post

It seems that once again, the thread is about a personal agenda rather than the law.
    Yawn. I am not getting paid to post here. I have no contractual or moral obligation to post here. I post here for my own personal agenda. If the owner of this site doesn't like me posting here, he can ban me. I can then change my IP address and post here once again advancing my own personal agenda.

The focus really strayed off topic. So, I'll just leave it at this, we teach all perpetrators to learn beliefs that teach against all types of violence. That includes emotional, physical and mental. The issue cimes about because a mutual stereotype has really started to show itself. Women are victims and men are perpetrators. Men, because we are bigger, don't report because of the embarrassment or fear that we'll be seen as the aggressor. Physical size is a huge factor, but there is a considerable population of women have found away around that. Saddling a man with a domestic on his background is almost as bad as a felony conviction. There is no lesser of evils. Of course, murder is the ultimate, but aside from the ultimate, it's getting ugly out here.

Quote Quoting viol8te
    View Post
    Saddling a man with a domestic on his background is almost as bad as a felony conviction. There is no lesser of evils. Of course, murder is the ultimate, but aside from the ultimate, it's getting ugly out here.
    Oh please. Sex offenses are seen as way worse than domestic violence. And that (sex offenses) is another category of crime in which male perpetrators far outnumber female perpetrators. Again, due to biological differences between the genders.

The reality is that there are still lots of people out there who when they see a guy who behaves appropriately at work and in his non-sexual relationships, they think, he is such a nice guy she must have done something to push him to the point that he did that.

Quote Quoting Harriet
    View Post
    Yawn. I am not getting paid to post here. I have no contractual or moral obligation to post here. I post here for my own personal agenda. If the owner of this site doesn't like me posting here, he can ban me. I can then change my IP address and post here once again advancing my own personal agenda.

I wasn't actually referring to you specifically in that post (you weren't the only one who responded to the thread).

But at least now we all know your agenda and your intentions. Cool.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    But at least now we all know your agenda and your intentions. Cool.
    Are you being paid to post here? Are you under some moral obligation to post here?

If not, then you are advancing your own personal agenda as well. We are all here for our own reasons.

I really could care less what the owner of this site wants this site to be about. I am here for me. If he doesn't like me, he can ban me and then if I feel like it and get around to it, I will change my IP address and come back as a new poster. I may or may not get around to doing that. Regardless, it will still be all about me and my own personal agenda.

[QUOTE=Harriet;528724]Oh please. Sex offenses are seen as way worse than domestic violence. And that (sex offenses) is another category of crime in which male perpetrators far outnumber female perpetrators. Again, due to biological differences between the genders.

Domestic violence offenses in Illinois are automatically conditional discharges. They are permanent convictions that do not come off your record. I have spoken with many femal defendants as well as survivors of domestics that confess to making up charges at some point in their relationships. Some knew how hurtful it would be to the defendant, some didn't.

My point is, it is not my intention to do a gender based debate on statistics or who is the worst perpetrator. My goal is to help end domestic violence one defendant at a time. I hold all parties accountable. In order to get to a point of violence free relationships, all parties need to be helf accountable for their actions. Thanks for reading.

I really could care less what the owner of this site wants this site to be about.

...aaaand you're quite finished here.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2