My question involves a security deposit in the State of: Minnesota

I owe my tenant a few hundred dollars for work paid directly on the home. He recently moved out and left damages that far exceed the security deposit. Can I keep the money that I owed him for the work since it, combined with the security deposit, still doesn't come close to covering the damages?