Default Court Order for Summer Visitation

I have a court order that says I get my children at the start of summer vacation. I have arranged for travel, as I live in another state to pick up the children upon the end of the last school day. However, I am now being told I can not do that because summer break from school does not start until the day following the last day of school?

My court order says, I will have the children all of summer break. I took it to mean what it says, am I wrong?

Default Re: Court Order for Summer

Where are you located?

What exactly does your order say, word for word (minus names) about pick up and drop off times, and dates?

Quote Quoting Fortheluv
    View Post
    I have a court order that says I get my children at the start of summer vacation. I have arranged for travel, as I live in another state to pick up the children upon the end of the last school day. However, I am now being told I can not do that because summer break from school does not start until the day following the last day of school?

My court order says, I will have the children all of summer break. I took it to mean what it says, am I wrong?
    To be honest, I don't think this is a battle worth fighting. First, I tend to agree that summer break starts the day after school gets out, and second, I think its a bit over the top to insist on picking up the children right after school gets out on the last day of school.

If you make this an issue in court, I doubt that anything more will happen then the judge will specifically define when you summer time with the children begins and ends.

Do you plan to deliver them to school on the morning that school starts back up again after the summer? Is that going to be in your children's best interest? Or, will it be more in their best interest to have a day or two to settle back into the other parent's home before starting school?

I agree that I'd go with the understanding that summer break starts the day AFTER school gets out.

But, as we know some orders are written up a bit strangely.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    I agree that I'd go with the understanding that summer break starts the day AFTER school gets out.

But, as we know some orders are written up a bit strangely.
    I don't disagree that orders are written up strangly sometimes. However, even if the order is written up that way or can be interpreted that way, I just don't see a battle over this getting the OP anywhere.

I could even see a judge deciding that the OP's summer parenting time would start several days after school gets out and would end several days before school re-starts if it ends up before a judge.

1. Sponsored Links