Default Injured by Physical Therapist

My question involves medical malpractice in the state of: Nevada
    I'm recovering from surgery. While I'm off work I've been seeing a physical therapist to deal with an old injury. I'm not sure yet, but he may have re-injured my current injury, and possibly created a new injury. Would the therapist be liable?

Default Re: Injured by Physical Therapist

Does the Physical Therapist know about the current surgery?

Did the Surgeon (from your current surgery) say it was ok to continue PT for your previous injury while you're in the post-op period?

First off, the Surgeon (from my current surgery) advised me not to do any strenuous therapy during my post-op, and I wasn't. My PT was well aware of my current surgery post-op and my Surgeons orders. He had no problem obeying them. My PT assured me he could do some very light, non invasive therapy on my old injury, no way interfearing with my post-op recovery. The problem is my PT recomended I try on a NEW device/medical appliance that he had just learned about from a medical rep. in the area. He said he didn't know much about it, but at the recomendation of this medical rep. and my PT, they both knowing of my current surgery post-op, agreed this device could help my old injury without affecting my current surgery post-op. My PT said I would be like a gunie pig, since there was not too much data on the effectiveness of this device. So I wore it on my body for a little while in front of both my PT and this medical rep. At that moment it felt ok, no pain. It wasn't until about 2 days later when the pain started on my current injury, and then possibly causing a new injury. Would the PT, and/or the medical rep. be liable? Would this be hard to prove, since I would have to prove that I actually tried on this device in their presence at their expert recomendation? I'm not talking about a major injury here, relativley minor surgery. If there is not enough money/damages involved to justify a medical malpractice suit, is there another way to hold them liable? I appreciate your advice and your time. Thank You.

You need to supply more detail.

1. What was the preexisting injury that you were being treated for?

2. What surgery was performed and for what?

3. What was the name of the device that was used to treat the preexisting injury and what were the performances that this device was supposed to perform?

4. What kind of pain are you experiencing and do you know it's from the device that you wore?

Without telling us any of this we cannot help you understand if you have a claim or not.

1. Sponsored Links