Default Expungement of Felony Charge Resulting in Deferred Adjudication and Dismissal

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Texas. In 2007 I was arrested for car theft in Dallas County. The vehicle in question was a rental car and my childrens father had stated that that he had turned the vehicle in (as I was6 months pregnant with twins). Needless to say he did not and he was actually letting other people drive the vehicle. I was later arrested by Richardson PD and charged with felony theft ( i believe it was up to $5,000). Stupidly I took the blame instead of admitting that it had been my boyfriend. When I went to court my attorney advised me to plea no contest and take deferred adjudication. He stated that once I did that it would show as a misdemenor charge. I completed my deferred adjudication in 2009 and while I still see an arrest in dallas county I have not been able to find any convictions in any of my searches including one that i paid for from the DPS. I am now a single mother and about to start school to become a PA and have been told that the licensing board will still be able to see this charge even if I file a motion for non-disclosure and I might not be able to become licensed. Seeing as I received deferred adjudication for felony theft which resulted in a dismissal is there any chance that I could eventually have this record expunged.

Default Re: Expungement of Felony Charge Resulting in Deferred Adjudication and Dismissal

As is explained in I don't know how many threads, for any disposition other than a Class C misdemeanor, you can only qualify for expunction if you first obtain a pardon.

1. Sponsored Links