Default Homeowner's Insurance

I had coverage for my homeowners policy through Texas Fair Plan association. My policy was supposed to cover the building ,content and liability (300,000) as agreed prior to me purchasing the home. Payments were as follows;
    May 2004 $860.00( to agent but Texas fair plan only got $312 and May 2005 $547 (to agent and texas fair plan only got $312)
    My townhome burnt down in april 2006. My wife disposed charcoal from previous day which reignited as resulted in our townhome and the 2 adjacent homes burning completely to the gound.

After a struggle my agent agreed that they made a mistake in the policy and that his ENO policy(errors and omission) would cover it. Its been 90days and I have not received anything from the agent, instead Iím being sued by the neighbors insurance. My agent now tells me he is in the process of switching his ENO policy.
    This is what I belived happened; The agent sent me policy documents(documents he made up) showing coverage for building, content and liability with premium of $860. He then went and paid Texas fair plan $312 and got a policy that only cover the building. He then changed the mailing address to a wrong address and changed the policy to read tenant so that I would not receive any correspondence from Texas fair plan( to date he can not explain what happened to the money. I think he has been buying time and nothing seems to be progressing. He insists his employee made and error and that he will take care of it, but nothing is moving.

Does anyone have any advise as to how I can handle this matter?

Default Re: homeowners insurance

Quote Quoting wandikabs
    I had coverage for my homeowners policy through Texas Fair Plan association. My policy was supposed to cover the building ,content and liability (300,000) as agreed prior to me purchasing the home. Payments were as follows;
    May 2004 $860.00( to agent but Texas fair plan only got $312 and May 2005 $547 (to agent and texas fair plan only got $312)
    My townhome burnt down in april 2006. My wife disposed charcoal from previous day which reignited as resulted in our townhome and the 2 adjacent homes burning completely to the gound.

After a struggle my agent agreed that they made a mistake in the policy and that his ENO policy(errors and omission) would cover it. Its been 90days and I have not received anything from the agent, instead Iím being sued by the neighbors insurance. My agent now tells me he is in the process of switching his ENO policy.
    This is what I belived happened; The agent sent me policy documents(documents he made up) showing coverage for building, content and liability with premium of $860. He then went and paid Texas fair plan $312 and got a policy that only cover the building. He then changed the mailing address to a wrong address and changed the policy to read tenant so that I would not receive any correspondence from Texas fair plan( to date he can not explain what happened to the money. I think he has been buying time and nothing seems to be progressing. He insists his employee made and error and that he will take care of it, but nothing is moving.

Does anyone have any advise as to how I can handle this matter?

My response:

Assuming you have your insurance documents and cancelled checks, did it ever occur to you to consult a local insurance malpractice attorney?

IAAL

Default Re: homeowners insurance

1. Sponsored Links