My question involves paternity law for the State of: Wisconsin


Unfortunately, my son's father *may* not be present at the time of the birth due to being overseas on an annual business trip that may cost him his job if he does not attend. We're engaged, I'm due to marry him and move to France in the fall and bring the child with me. As he will be here shortly after birth, can we fill the birth cert info outside of the hospital? Can I get dad's name on the birth cert w/o him present? Do we have to do anything special? I'm just asking because I imagine this would complicate the passport acquisition and immigration process if dad's name isn't on the birth cert.

Thank you!