Default What Shows Up After a Criminal Record is Sealed

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Florida

In 2008 I was arrested for Grand theft and was given the option to attend a pre-trial diversion program and I successfully completed it so the charges were then nolle prosequi. In early 2011 I completed a sealent appliaction and it was granted and I have all the documentation. So I have 2 questions :
    1. On job applications when it ask : Have you ever been convicted of a felony? or had adjudication withheld for a felony? Am I correct in checking NO
    2. Since my record was sealed will it still show on a background check?

Thank you

Default Re: Sealant

If it says on your paperwork "nolle pros" they essentially means the charges were dropped. So you should be able to safely answer "no" to questions about convictions.

Whether it will show on the background check is a tough one to answer. Not all background checks are created equal. It sometimes depends on the job you are applying for. If you apply for a job that requires a security clearance, they are going to find out about it.

1. Sponsored Links