Default Boundary and Fence Dispute with Neighbors

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Kentucky
    Six months ago we erected a fence between our house and our neighbors. We erected it to keep our dog out of his yard. The neighbor agreed orally to the placement of the fence and was with us when we marked the property line. I have a witness to this. A month later my neighbor gets a survey and we are on his property a foot in some places and a foot on our property in some places. We verbally agreed to move the fence but he told us that we weren't to move the fence until he took us to court. We received a letter from his lawyer stating that our neighbor wants us to move the fence, pay for his 850$ survey and all of their lawyer fees and cost, and to maintain the fence on their side of the property. My question is if he takes us to court could we be made to pay for his survey and fees? And should we go ahead and move the fence even though the actually moving of the fence will not solve anything because he is wanting reimbursement and I will not pay him anything without a judges order. He claims we moved a rock that was a property marker but there were no rocks. He states that is what forced him to get a survey and we should have to pay for it and his lawyer fees and out of pocket costs. I really wish we could just move the fence and make him happy and stay out of court! But he wants his money he feels is owed to him.

Default Re: Boundary and Fence Dispute with Neighbors

If you have already been threatened by the neighbor and the neighbor's attorney, this is not the time to be searching around on the internet for a solution.
    My question is if he takes us to court could we be made to pay for his survey and fees?
    You need to get your own attorney asap.

1. Sponsored Links