Default Gave Renewal Notice - Now Lease is Up and Landlord is Absent

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Pennsylvania (City of Philadelphia)

My lease agreement states that I must notify the landlord of intent to renew or relocate within 60 days of the end of the lease. I informed my landlord that I wanted to renew 70 days before the end of the lease. I never heard anything back from my landlord (although my rent checks continued to be cashed). A week before the lease was up, I called and e-mailed to ask whether he also was interested in renewing. I called and e-mailed again 2 days before, 1 day before, and the day of.

My lease has now been up for 4 days and there still hasn't been any response. There is nothing in the text of the lease about reverting to a month-to-month. I have never had any problems with this landlord before, but I am afraid of being evicted, even though I gave proper notice per the terms of the lease.

I have put aside the money for this month's rent in a savings account by itself, so I can show that I am able to pay the rent and intend to pay the rent. What else do I need to do to protect myself?

Default Re: Gave Renewal Notice - Now Lease is Up and Landlord is Absent

If you have renewed your lease, rent is due as described in your lease. Unless and until you hear otherwise, you should pay your rent in a timely manner.

1. Sponsored Links