Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Does the EEOC Require the Employer to Treat Accuser and the Accused Equally

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Nev.

If anyone been following my post, my supervisor is guilty of many instances of of sexual harassment, theft, sleeping with a customer, racial discrimination etc. My supervisor is above any and all guidelines in the employee handbook.

So if my supervisor is given IMMORTALITY status, and my employer deals with all my offenses (any and all) by the book (employee handbook), will the eeoc cry foul and say that I'm being retaliated against?

For example if my employer suspends me for four call ins in 90 days (company policy ) can I turn around and say "but my supervisor gets away with stuff a billion times worse and never gets suspended ".

Default Re: Does the Eeoc Require the Employer to Treat Accuser and the Accused Equally

For example if my employer suspends me for four call ins in 90 days (company policy ) can I turn around and say "but my supervisor gets away with stuff a billion times worse and never gets suspended "
    nope. First, he is not in the same class as you. Then, they do not have to punish a person if the break a rule and since it is a rule, they can punish you.

Default Re: Does the Eeoc Require the Employer to Treat Accuser and the Accused Equally

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    nope. First, he is not in the same class as you. Then, they do not have to punish a person if the break a rule and since it is a rule, they can punish you.
    it sounds pretty discriminatory. I don't believe it. To me, I'm no lawyer, but its sounds pretty retaliatory to punish one person(the accuser) and not punish the accused ever.

they can discriminate as long as it is not for a legally protected class.

This is a troll, folks!!! We should stop encouraging him!!!

Default Re: Does the EEOC Require the Employer to Treat Accuser and the Accused Equally

Quote Quoting Javer
    View Post
    So if my supervisor is given IMMORTALITY status....
    In pretty much any mythology, you'll find that the immortals are privileged as compared to us mere mortals.

Default Re: Does the EEOC Require the Employer to Treat Accuser and the Accused Equally

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    In pretty much any mythology, you'll find that the immortals are privileged as compared to us mere mortals.
    ????.......I don't understand what you are saying.

Number 1, you're not being retaliated against. Did you blow the whistle on the supervisor and then get punished for it? He can treat two people differently as long as he wants to if he's not breaking the law. Maybe he allows it to slide because the supervisor does a good job. How do you know that this supervisor isn't getting punished? Do you get to see his paystub? Are you around the supervisor and employer at all points in time? And really, why is it any of YOUR business who this guy sleeps with? That's an ethical issue not a legal one.

Quote Quoting shelbydakota
    View Post
    And really, why is it any of YOUR business who this guy sleeps with? That's an ethical issue not a legal one.
    The company has "zero tolerance" for stuff like that. A FEMALE co-worker got FIRED for doing EXACTLY the same thing. It's been over 180 days so I can no longer report to the eeoc.....looks like some sex discrimination going on ,on the employer part.

You'll make up anything to try to get that guy fired, won't you?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast