Default A Person Receiving Arrest Warrant from Their Native Country

If a person has had criminal records in their native country and they come to the united states and get permanent resident card. After a year one year of their stay the FBI receives an arrest warrant from their native country to return them back to that country so they can be prosecuted in their native country as they are not yet citizens here.

My question is what will be the procedure? How long will this take I need an estimate. Because I have heard that for illegal aliens it normally takes from 30-90 days and in some cases 180 days and some of them get to stay here despite their criminal records. Will they simply deport the person upon receiving the letter or will they have their own invistigation and take the person to court.

What are the chances for the person to be able to stay in the US?

any help is really appreciated

Default Re: A Person Receiving Arrest Warrant from Their Native Country

if the US has a policy of returning people that their native country has sought extradition, unless the person can claim some justification to not honor that request, they will be deported. It is not the duty of the US to investigate the crime they are charged with. There is nothing for the US to take the person to court for.

What will happen in the case when the US does not have extradiction treaty with the country that is demanding their criminals?

the home country would apply to have the person extradited and it will go to a hearing in the US to determine if the person should be extradited. You can have the same end result but there is an additional step in the process.

1. Sponsored Links