Unhappy Found Out About A Warrant At The BMV

My husband & I went to the BMV to renew his license and found out that 2 states has termanated them. We live in OHIO. Back in 94 & 95 he got 2 tickets for speeding and he paid those but never showed proof of ins. This we know how to handle. But here is the major PROBLEM, Back in 95 he got an OUIL in Michigan. He thought he took care of it but we found out he didn"t and since he never showed for court they put out a warrant on him. Now it has been 11 yrs. since and we aren't sure what to do! We thought about finding out his case number and the presiding judge's name and writing to him and finding out what the fines and other cost will be. Now will this work out or will they come looking for him now? I don't see how they can hold onto a warrant that long?

Default Re: Just Found Out About A Warrant

Quote Quoting destineeschild
    But here is the major PROBLEM, Back in 95 he got an OUIL in Michigan. He thought he took care of it but we found out he didn"t and since he never showed for court they put out a warrant on him.
    He may have you convinced that he thought he took care of it, but he could not possibly believe that himself. He took care of it by missing his court hearing and leaving the state?

Now it has been 11 yrs. since and we aren't sure what to do! We thought about finding out his case number and the presiding judge's name and writing to him and finding out what the fines and other cost will be.
    It's a criminal charge. It can't be resolved by mail, or by writing to the judge.

He should consider getting a criminal defense lawyer in the county where he was charged, to investigate the possibility of a plea deal or other disposition.

Now will this work out or will they come looking for him now? I don't see how they can hold onto a warrant that long?
    Warrants can last forever.

1. Sponsored Links