Angry Damage to a Repossessed Vehicle

I was late on the payments (from a buy here/pay here) in New Jersey and my truck got repo'd. When it got repo'd, my gas tank was on e. I got my truck back with 1/4 of gas and a blown transmission. The Truck wasn't at the dealership. I had to pick it up from a different location. While i was on my way to the destination, I see my truck and a tow truck in a parking lot near the location i was suppose to pick the truck up at. I went to my truck and the tow truck driver pulled off. No release forms were signed. I called the tow truck driver after i found out my truck wouldn't move and he told me to take it up with the dealership. The Manager at the dealership told me to take it up with the tow company but didnt have a land address, just a P.O. Box. Am I able to sue for damages to my vehicle?

Default Re: Damage to a Repossessed Vehicle

Can you prove that it was in fact either one that tore your transmission up? Was it taken on a rollback or a snatch truck?

I think it was driven away. The Towtruck driver that dropped it off in the parking lot said a worker at the car dealership was driving the vehicle. It had more gas in it when i picked it up than it did when they took it.

Ok, transmissions don't go bad in a day. Even if you dogged it, it would not. What kinds of vehicle is this? You can drive around w/a transmission that is slipping for quite sometime before it actually tears up to the point where you can't drive it.

Well If Not The Transmission, its something else that wont make it move. It goes in reverse and thats it. It is A Nissan X-Terra. The Transmission wasnt slipping so i guess thats not the problem. The Battery Was Dead And It Wont Move In Drive. It was perfectly fine when i drove it before they took it.

Yeah, thats the transmission but as I said they don't go bad in a day. You really don't have a case against either. Nissan Xterras aren't known for their reliability. You better be glad they let you have it back and didn't auction it off. Because then you would've been responsible for the deficiency balance meaning you'd still have to pay for a car you don't even have.

1. Sponsored Links