Default Dealership Forged My Name on Warranty Docs

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: North Carolina

I purchased a vehicle in 07/2010 from a dealership. At the time of purchase, I did get a warranty from Warranty CO A. I have the paperwork where both my wife and I (we are both on the loan) to CO A.

I called CO A as we are having an issue with the car and it needs to be fixed. I was told that our warranty was canceled on 09/20. I called my finance company and they explain that we have a warranty with a different co (CO B). The person I spoke with pulled my paperwork and I faxed him the paperwork that I have with CO A.

Once he looked at all the paperwork, he noticed that I only signed the warranty paperwork for CO B and not my wife. He faxed me the paperwork from CO B, and the signature on the paperwork is not mine. I called the finance company back and he even agrees that this is not my signature.

At this point, I am not sure what I can do. The warranty with CO B is actually owned by the company I work for. I found out that I would have received a 20% discount had it been made aware to them that I worked for CO B. Also, with the dealership forging my signature, I feel as though something else was going on.

Only advice would be greatly appreciated. I feel that I should speak with an attorney, but I wanted to come here first.

Thank you

Default Re: Dealership Forged My Name on Warranty Docs

Please clarify - are you stating that you signed paperwork for warranty A, your spouse signed paperwork for warranty B, and the dealership forged your signature to the warranty B documentation? If that's not what you're stating, why is your wife's signature relevant. What's the difference in coverage? What did the dealership say when you asked them about this?

I think what he is saying is, he and his wife signed a contract for company A. He needed warranty work performed on his vehicle and when company A was contacted he was told that the policy was canceled two months after it was written.

He then called the dealer to find out what was going on and was told that he is now covered with company B. He contacted company B and was told that he was only listed on the contract. After receiving a copy of the contract, he noticed not only wasn't his wife's signature on the contract, but his signature was forged.

Why would you want to contact an attorney for this? You need to find out if your original contract is the same exact thing and length as the new one. If not, then you can argue with the dealer and see what they say. Most likely company A sold your contract to company B and company B took over your warranty work. Instead of inconveniencing you, they signed your name to the contract.

I am sorry that I was not clear enough.

When we purchased the vehicle, we signed up for a warranty from company A (my wife and I are on the loan, so we both signed). 6 days later, without our knowledge, the dealership canceled the warranty from company A and signed us up with company B. They forged my signature and did not sign my wife's name on the paperwork. They never told us that they changed the warranty company. I was never given the chance to determine if I wanted this warranty or not, as I was never given the description of this warranty.

Who'sthat guy,

I came onto this site for advise and I am sorry that you feel that I should know whether or not, this would be something I could go back to the dealership and deal with it myself or it would be better for me to contact an attorney.

I have since found out, that because the amount of the warranty between the 2 companies was the same, that I more than likely, I would not have a civil claim. I have spoken to the dealership and due to everything that happened when we purchased the vehicle, they will be given me back my down payment and buying the vehicle back.

As far as your last comment, no they did not sell the warranty. Please read above and I would have rather been inconvenienced and actually known what warranty I had, rather than having someone forge my name to a document. I guess the forging of a name is no big deal to you.

Quote Quoting je20103000
    View Post
    I have since found out, that because the amount of the warranty between the 2 companies was the same, that I more than likely, I would not have a civil claim. I have spoken to the dealership and due to everything that happened when we purchased the vehicle, they will be given me back my down payment and buying the vehicle back.
    But you might have a claim. You say that the price of the contract is the same between company A and B.

Is the tems of the contract the same?

Are both the term lengths the same?

The deductible?

The coverage?

Do they both cover rentals?

These are the things you need to compare.

If you paid $795 for a 3 year 36000 miles warranty that covers all parts except wear and tear items, car rental and lodging and then was flipped a warranty for the same price and mileage but doesn't cover fluids, rental and lodging, then I would complain. But if everything were the same, then arguing would be a waste of everyone's time.

1. Sponsored Links