Default Body Shop Forged My Name on an Insurance Check

My question involves malpractice by a lawyer in the state of: Cali

I had 2 car accidents in a span of 2 weeks. for one accident i was going to use this body shop and the other I wanted to get the check from the insurance company and find ways to fix it.

yet my lawyer set the check, witch was made out to me only, to that body shop. And that body shop forged my signature and deposited that check into their account.

What are my options at this point?

Default Re: Attorney Sent My Check to a Bodyshop, Who Forged My Signiture and Cashed It

Although you could press charges of the crime of forgery, and sue the body shop for damages, it might be more efficient to complain to your attorney (in writing) of his/her unethical behavior, and tell him/her that you will file a complaint with The State Bar of California if you do not receive the full amount of the check within 30 days.

Your attorney may complain that it will take longer than 30 days to get the money back. Your response might be that it was his/her fault that the money was taken, and you are firm with your demand.

Default Re: Body Shop Forged My Name on an Insurance Check

Tell the body shop that you no longer require there service and wish not to repair the vehicle. They will have to cut you a check for the amount that they received from the insurance company to fix your vehicle.

I think it would be easier to do it this way then to file a complaint and takes months of court proceedings to recoup your money, but it's your call.

You need to also take into consideration if the auto body shop is holding your vehicle that they have a right to charge you storage on the vehicle if you don't have the work performed by them.

1. Sponsored Links