Default Shoplifting at Meijer Without Police Interference

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Michigan

I got caught shoplifting $7(a pop and lip gloss) worth of items at Meijer about a month ago. I was leaving the store and was brought back in. The police weren't notified and my fingerprints weren't taken.
    I mailed the fine of $70(10x the amount attempted to steal) and was wondering what is going to happen next.
    The Loss Preventon people told me that I would have to wait 60 days. They have my information in their computer. This is my first offense and I realize how stupid it was. Does anyone know if I'm going to have to go to court? Do I need to get a lawyer? Will this be on my actual record or just on a "retail record"? Should I contact Meijer?

Thank you so much!!

Default Re: Shoplifting at Meijer Without Police Interference

As of right now, if you were an adult at the time of your apprehension, the only thing you have to worry about is being put in one of the retail theft databases. I wouldn't worry about a lawyer or criminal record unless/until you receive a summons. I imagine you would have already but these things take time on occasion. Do not contact Meijer. Do not go back to the Meijer you stole from or any geographically near it.

1. Sponsored Links