Default Proved Respondent Misrepresented Job History but Denied Retroactive Support Order

My question involves child support in the State of: I have been forced to carry all financials across the board. Because respondent walks into court saying they are unemployed. The respondent has lied and not disclosed any jobs or earning for the entire 4.5 years. Last week finally had my day in court... it was the worst day of my life. Under oath the respondent admitted to five jobs held during the last 4.5 years. The judge refused to do any retroactive rulings. We are at trial and there will be proceeds from the sale of our cp residence. This is resulting in me not being able to collect the cs that I am due, at least for the 14 months which varied each of the 4.5 years. This is SUPER BAD and truly just awful and not fair. I am entitled to this under law. What do you think?

Default Re: Proved Respondent Had a Job in Court but Court Still Did Rule Retroactive Cs

Apparently the Judge disagrees.

You can (generally) appeal with the given time-frame if you wish, but since you didn't state where you're located it's difficult to say what that period might be.

Also, when did you actually file? Was this the initial hearing or was this a modification hearing?

Default Re: Proved Respondent Had a Job in Court but Court Still Did Rule Retroactive Cs

You can appeal the judge's ruling. But what you are entitled to is what the judge rules you are entitled to.

1. Sponsored Links