Default Good Cause and Eligiblility

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: CA

I voluntarily resigned from my full time job of 4 years for a couple of reasons. I am going through a divorce and have reason to suspect that my personal safety is at jeopardy (that my ex will harm me). Also, the lease is up in my apartment, the landlord raised the rent to a level that I can't afford, and I have an opportunity to move to a residence with free rent that is 80 miles one way from my job. My vehicle has 130,000 miles on it and is in no condition for a 160 round trip commute five days a week. My employer has stated to me that they will not contest any of my statements/reasons if I apply for UI benefits. Here are my questions:

1. Does this sould like "good cause"/that I will be eligible?
    2. What sort of documentation might I be required to present?
    3. My employer has requested that I continue to work a few eight hour days in the next two months to assist until they find a replacement and to help train the replacement. If I agree to do this, will this decision likely adversly impact what might have otherwise been determined "good cause"?
    4. If I do agree to assist part time for the next couple of months, should I apply for UI benefits now or after I finish my tenure working part time for the company?

Thank you.

Default Re: Good Cause and Eligiblility

1. Sponsored Links