Default Will My Arrest Record Affect My F1 Visa Application

I am from China and had been studying in the U.S. for several years. I was arrested for sexual harassment in the U.S. one year ago. Right now the case is still pending. My lawyer told me I need to appear in trials for several more times and the case will be dismissed with pretrial probation. I went back to China and now I need to apply for a new visa to enter the U.S. and appear in Court in June. The following question appears on the application form.
    "Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?"
    My question is whether the consulate Officer will reject my application. What should I do right now? Would a letter from my lawyer to the consulate officer be helpful? Is that a crime involving moral turpitude? Thank you very much.

Default Re: Will My Arrest Record Affect My F1 Visa Application

We don't know what you mean by "I was arrested for sexual harassment" - do you mean sexual assault? Sexual assault would be a crime of violence. Please identify the state and statute.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    We don't know what you mean by "I was arrested for sexual harassment" - do you mean sexual assault? Sexual assault would be a crime of violence. Please identify the state and statute.
    Thank you for your reply. I mean harassment. The state is Massachusetts. Thank you.

Sexual harassment is not a crime. Again, please identify the statute.

The charge is harassment, not sexual harassment. I am not sure what "statute" means. (Is it Massachusetts general laws?) Everything happens in Massachusetts. Right now I need to apply for a visa with the arrest record and pending case.

Thanks,

have you gotten your visa?

1. Sponsored Links