Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face Listing Seven Income Sources (Surgical Practices) at "0" for Child Support

My question involves child support in the State of: Hello, My children and I are from PA. My ex husband is a wealthy surgeon who has not reported a change in circumstance in the form of 7 additional surgical practices in the past seven years that has caused great hardship for our four children. He is currently working "at" not "for" all of these medical practices according to his answers to interrogatories. These businesses have been well advertised since 2006 but my ex husband is claiming that he makes "0" from each of them while he acknowledges providing surgical services for all of them. His income does not appear to be taxed according to his individual income tax returns and none of the businesses are on his tax returns. Can he be putting this income into a non taxed product or company that could actually protect him from paying appropriate child support? Thanks Valc

Default Re: Listing Seven Income Sources (Surgical Practices) at "0" for Child Support

How do you know he's actually being financially reimbursed?

Default Re: Listing Seven Income Sources (Surgical Practices) at "0" for Child Support

Perhaps by indicating that he works "at" but not "for" the practices, he means that he bills his patients directly for the services he performs at those locations.

Discuss with your lawyer whether it would be worthwhile to subpoena financial information from those practices.

Correct me if I am wrong...If you spend x amount of time performing one skill and charging for it and if you pick up another skill and charge for it but at the end of the day you still only charge 10 clients but instead of 10 of the same service you charge 3 of one service and 7 of the other. Wouldn't the pay still be the same unless the skill were completely different. Let say brain surgery vs giving someone stitches.

Did he obtain Doctoriates Degrees for the additional services. I am not sure learning extra medical skills equates to more money. I know it help in job security. There are only so many hours in a day.

Did he become wealthy after the the devorce? It seem to be a little strange you going after his "new skills" income instead of his wealthly paycheck. If he was wealthy before the devorce, why the hardship?

Quote Quoting Lawrence084
    View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong...If you spend x amount of time performing one skill and charging for it and if you pick up another skill and charge for it but at the end of the day you still only charge 10 clients but instead of 10 of the same service you charge 3 of one service and 7 of the other. Wouldn't the pay still be the same unless the skill were completely different. Let say brain surgery vs giving someone stitches.

Did he obtain Doctoriates Degrees for the additional services. I am not sure learning extra medical skills equates to more money. I know it help in job security. There are only so many hours in a day.

Did he become wealthy after the the devorce? It seem to be a little strange you going after his "new skills" income instead of his wealthly paycheck. If he was wealthy before the devorce, why the hardship?

In all honesty I'm not entirely sure where OP is coming from on this one. Clarification would be good

I'm also not sure what she meant by this:

My ex husband is a wealthy surgeon who has not reported a change in circumstance in the form of 7 additional surgical practices in the past seven years that has caused great hardship for our four children.

Hi Guys-

Ok-Here is the deal. This Dad is an Ophthalmologist and surgeon. I worked to help his "royal Heinous" through med school and we had two of our kids at that time. He left to move in with an embezzler (his accusation) office manager, and now he is putting her children through college while we struggle to keep a modest home in the neighborhood he left us in in 2001. Since this time, he advertises his surgical services as an "eye surgeon" in 7 different optometric practices providing referral fees to these non surgeons. He claims to make "0" for these referrals and surgical services. Hence, I ask again-how is he hiding the do re me?

So...basically you can't prove that he has any extra income?

And really - your choice of words is....very telling. I'm sure you were trying to be quite clever, but "Highness" and "Heinous" are not pronounced the same way. Sort of loses the point you were attempting to make.

Not really-that was point I was trying to make-Apparently you have some unresolved baggage or you could actually give me some real advice!!! Yikes!!

See an attorney.

Thanks-I will- Val

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast