I am a Danish citizen. I was caught for shoplifting of US65 at a store in New York City Jan. 2011. I admitted the misconduct and signed a form at the store and paid a fine of USA325 to the store. The store issued a Trepass on me and I will not be allowed to enter the store for the next 3 years. And then the store security called the police who came and arrested me and took me back to the police station and put me in custody for several hours. I was also fingerprinted. Because I had to leave USA in a few days, the police sent my case to the court the same day I was arrested. I was told that the DA charged me with a violiation, not a crime. I plea guilty on the charge under oath. The judge dismissed the case but I had to pay the court cost of US120 which I paid at once. I was released at the court. I left US 3 days after.
It was a stupid thing I did which I regret terribly. I have never been arrested before. I would like to travel back to US again as tourist. But I am afraid I will be denied entry.
My questions are:
1. Can I still travel under the Visa Waver Program if I want to visit the USA in the future? or do I have to apply for a VISA? if so, will I be denied a VISA to US?
2. I have an ESTA approval which is still valid. Can I still use it? I have gotten a job which requires travelling to USA from time to time. Can I travel with my current ESTA approval?
3. I wonder in the future if I have to apply for renewing ESTA approval for short stay in USA, I need to fill out a form where there is a question like this: "Have you ever been arrested or convicted for an offense or crime involving moral turpitude or a violation related to a controlled substance; or have been arrested or convicted for two or more offenses for which the aggregate sentence to confinement was five years or more; or have been a controlled substance trafficker; or are you seeking entry to engage in criminal or immoral activities?"
Should I answer Yes or No to the above question?
4. About the offense I commited in New York, was it an offense involving moral turpitude? Is it registered on the file? Do I have a criminal record in US?
5. Will the Border police see I have commited such an offense in US next time I enter US? Will they deny my entry next time due to this? Each time I enter US, the border police asked me to put my fingers on a screen. I guess they will do so too next time I enter. Will eveything related me show up? including I have been arrested, charged in US?
Thank you very much. I appreciate very much for your help in anwering all my questions. I could wish I could make it undone. If I can not enter USA or be denied entry next time, I might risk loose my job. It will be disastrous.