Default Mom Has Credit Card Debt in Son's Name, Found on His Credit Report

My question involves criminal law for the state of: My boyfriend recently found out that his mother has opened up many credit cards in his name. Some while he was away in college and some before he was even 18 years old. There is over $10,000 in debt and she is unemployed and will never be able to pay it off. I would like for him to be able to get these things off of his credit but he doesn't want any criminal charges filed against his mother. Is there any way for him to dispute the credit cards without her being charged with anything? His credit has been damaged badly and we only just found this out when he was denied for a credit card. Please help if anyone has any information because I believe that if any charges are filed, his mom could go to jail for a long time.

Default Re: Mom Has Credit Card Debt in Son's Name, Found on His Credit Report

He is free to contact the credit card companies to make fraud reports. They may require that he make reports to the police in order to substantiate his claim that he had nothing to do with opening the accounts. They also could report alleged crimes to the police. If he chooses not to make fraud reports or police reports, he should be prepared to pay off the credit cards himself.

1. Sponsored Links