Default First Ticket in Pennsylvania

After driving for 11 yrs I got my first ticket. I was pulled over on the PA turnpike going 85 in a 65. I have a dandy, and true, tale of a guy tailing me so close I couldnt see its headlights, of speeding up to pass traffic in order to get out of this moron's way, and when I entered back into the right lane I was obviously going with the flow of traffic because I had cars directly ahead and behind of me who also had to be going the same speed as me (and I was also in the process of slowing).

I mailed in the ticket pleading not guilty and as such I have already paid the fine plus $6 for the privilege of wanting to secure a court date.

How should I proceed at the hearing with the magistrate and should I consider my goose cooked and call the court to ask to withdraw from the proceeding? I am a PA resident and will be moving to WI in less than 2 months and I am now wondering if the points following me and the chance of my insurance company finding out about my ticket will even come to fruitution.

Default Re: First Ticket in Pennsylvania

If you want no points I would advise you to ask the magistrate of the informal hearing if he/she would change the charge to impeding traffic after you plead guilty. With impeding traffic there is a fine still, but no points or record.

Isnt impeding traffic related to a slow moving vehicle or am I wrong? I heard PA Vehicle Code 3111A-obedience to traffic control device--was also a charge you could ask for, fine no points.

Quote Quoting gchick
    Isnt impeding traffic related to a slow moving vehicle or am I wrong? I heard PA Vehicle Code 3111A-obedience to traffic control device--was also a charge you could ask for, fine no points.
    I assume "traffic control device" includes posted speed limit signs, no?

Quote Quoting gchick
    I would advise you to plead guilty to either one you prefer just as long it will not show no points and will not show up on your record.

Quote Quoting Guilty Or Not Guilty
    I would advise you to plead guilty to either one you prefer just as long it will not show no points and will not show up on your record.
    Thank you! I very much appreciate the advice!!!

1. Sponsored Links