Default Ticket in Indiana, license from Michigan, just moved to Illinois

Hello --

I got a speeding ticket of doing 100 on a 70(infraction - so not reckless). It is a 6 point ticket in Indiana. I just recently moved to IL and plan to get my IL driving license.

I have done some research and extrapolated all the information I could gather. I would like some verification and inputs on the questions. Any help is much appreciated

(1) Michigan is not a part of the interstate compact. Will the ticket show up on my MI records? What happens once I get my IL license? I have not gone to court as yet and hence my ticket (if it does) has not shown up on my MI records. What happens if I get my IL license right away or is it better if I wait?

(2) If the ticket does show up on my MI records -- do different states have different point system? 30 miles over is a 6 point ticket in Indiana, how much would that be in Michigan and how much of that will get transfered to IL.
    Also, is it possible that Michigan will consider the ticket reckless (based on the number of miles over), even though it does not say on the ticket?

(3) If I do plan to take the safe driver lessons, which state would I need to take them in?

These are a lot of questions, but any sort of insight is helpful. I tried calling a few attorneys and none of them respond. When I call MI attorneys, they say the ticket was in IN. When I call the IN attorney, they say the license is from MI and hence they cannot help.

Another piece.. today I was driving back from the Chicago airport and get a feeling that I made a U-turn on a no U-turn. There was definitely a camera above. What are the chances I was caught on the camera and if so what are the chances that I get a ticket in mail for something of this kind? Again the car is still MI registered and I was not stopped by a cop.

Thanks once again.

Default Re: Ticket in Indiana, license from Michigan, just moved to Illinois

If you can afford going to Indiana's court to try and fight it that will be your best bet. You might be able to get it lessened or the officer might not show up.

If you can not afford going down there I would advise pay it by mail.

The main thing is not what state it was in or how many points it can add up to. The main thing is not breaking the law by not taking care of it so a bench warrant will be on you.

I still have 10 more days to return the ticket and plead guilty or not guilty.
    I got cited for a 100, but I dont think I was doing a 100. I was around low 90s.

I called the court and they said that I have to sign on either guilty or not guilty and send the ticket to the court by the date mentioned on the ticket. They will then send me a court date where I have to appear in front of the officer and the judge (I think this is called a kangeroo court).

What are the chances of the officer not showing up or the fine being reduced in a kangeroo court.

Also, if you have any answers to my previous questions... please let me know

Thanks

Quote Quoting ticketssuck

What are the chances of the officer not showing up or the fine being reduced in a kangeroo court.
    It depends on the officer because each one is not the same. It also depends if he did got fired, if he is not feeling well, if there is a serious city emergency happening duing the court case, if he retired and if he has a bad memory. Take my word for it if all the above comes out in your favor, he might not show up.

1. Sponsored Links