Default Does the Latest Signed Note Become the Original Note for on a Home Loan

My question involves a foreclosure in the State of California: I purchased my home in 2000. It has changed hands on numerous occasions. Once or twice by corporate takeover and 3 times on a refinance. 2007 was my last refinance. Being that I was behind by two payments in January, my lender sent me a notice that they were going to start foreclose proceedings. In the meantime, I asked my lender, US Bank, whether or not they have the original note for the loan and they showed me the adjustable note of 2007 and said this is the original note. Is that true? Is latest note the original note?

Default Re: Does the Latest Signed Note Become the Original Note for on a Home Loan

Is latest note the original note?
    you are confusing yourself trying to figure out what the "original note" is. If you refinanced, each older note gets paid off and the new note is the one in force. That would mean that the refinance in 2007 would be the note in force currently.

The original note would be the first one when you purchased the house. That note is irrelevant though. It was paid off when you refinanced so it no longer has any bearing on the matter.

1. Sponsored Links