Default Driver's License Revoked Without Ever Actually Having One

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Illinois
    Husband was illegal immigrant got stopped 4 times without a license under a 12year period. As of today just his immigrant status adjusted and now has a social security number. Went the first time to the DMV to get a license and was denied since he needed SR22 for a ticket back 10years ago. Once the secretary of state accepted the SR22 he went back to the DMV and the saw another three ticket for no license He went to see a hearing officer and paid a fine of 210.00. the hearing officer told him his license is revoked. Filled out paperwork had him sign it and faxed it to Springfield. He said wait 3-4 weeks to find out results.
    Questions is what are his odds for getting the letter back from Springfield reinstating his license prior to a year??- He's paid all his court fees and showed up to all courts. If Homeland security of USA could pardon him shouldn't the DMV give him a second chance??

Default Re: Driver's License Revoked Without Ever Actually Having One

Quote Quoting EVITA2011
    the hearing officer told him his license is revoked. Filled out paperwork had him sign it and faxed it to Springfield. He said wait 3-4 weeks to find out results.
    Questions is what are his odds for getting the letter back from Springfield reinstating his license prior to a year??
    Why is it so urgent to find out now the odds of getting a favorable result?

Why not wait e.g. 5 weeks for the result?

Also, why is it important to have his license reinstated as of a prior date?

I think it is more relevant to acquire a valid driver's license than to worry about the legal grant date of the license.

I suggest waiting for the results, then find out how to get a valid driver's license.

And until he does get a valid driver's license, he should not drive.

I went without a driver's license during a particularly poor period of my adult life, in a big city. I was able to get everywhere I needed, though it sometimes took three times longer than driving. With planning and friends, it should be straightforward (if not easy) to live life without a driver's license. Besides, it may well be cheaper.

" Filled out paperwork had him sign it and faxed it to Springfield. He said wait 3-4 weeks to find out results." - what paperwork are we talking about? An application for a restricted license?

You don't need a driver's license for the state to suspend or revoke your right to drive - if you violate the law and get a ticket, suspension or revocation, the state will issue you a driver's license number and record your violation against that number.

Immigration issues have absolutely nothing to do with state regulation of driver's licenses. When you choose to deliberately and repeatedly break a state law requiring that you not drive without a valid license, your choices carry consequences.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    Immigration issues have absolutely nothing to do with state regulation of driver's licenses. When you choose to deliberately and repeatedly break a state law requiring that you not drive without a valid license, your choices carry consequences.
    I suggest that immigration issues are related to state regulation of driver's licenses in two ways. One way is that the state can pay attention to immigration status in deciding whether to issue a license. The other is that committing crimes by violating state laws concerning driver's licenses could adversely affect an immigrant's right to live in the U.S., since the federal government considers certain crimes as sufficient reason to terminate residency rights.

1. Sponsored Links