My question involves criminal law for the state of: Michigan.
I'm a maintenance worker contracted by an outside company to do janitorial work for the local kmart.
Well, I'm sure you can see where this is going. I stole from Kmart. I know, stupid mistake.
I took $20 worth of merchandise and was caught. I signed an admission of guilt and was told that I would be banned from all kmart stores. You know, the basic "you stole, we caught you, heres what happens" song and dance.
Called my boss and talked about it with him, we talked about how I would be leaving, and sorted through the dirty details.
I received a text later from him saying that kmart had filed a police report. So now I have a couple of questions.
1. Does this mean it goes on my record? Police were not involved when the incident was handled, but a report was filed after I had left.
2. I cooperated fully, and LP said it goes down better with police if they're involved. How much better, on average, if anyone is in LP?
3. I had a background check for a new job go through a couple of days ago, will my potential new employers be notified of the change in my criminal history, if there is one?
4. What are my chances of being called to court?
5. What are my chances of being arrested?
6. Will everything go easier on me since I admitted it, and I am a first time offender?
7. If this does go on my record, is there any way to get it revoked?
Thank you for your time and patience.