Default Charged with Possession of Under 50g of Marijuana, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia

My question involves criminal law for the state of: New Jersey

I got pulled over the other day and the cops found my friend's scale and baggies in my glove compartment, and a pipe in the trunk. Along with loose marijuana in between the seats. They took me in and let my buddies that were with me go. My car was not impounded, I'm not being charged with distribution. I have five tickets, two unrelated to drugs(for my headlights and obstruction of view), and one for possession of drug paraphernalia, one for possession of under 50g in a motor vehicle, and I think the one says possession of under 50g, like without the motor vehicle part, it's hard to read. It's also my first offense. My question is simply, what am I facing here? Is there any chance of me going to jail for this?

Default Re: Charged with Possession of Under 50g of Marijuana, Possession of Drug Paraphernal

Apparently you're facing charges for possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. When you commit crimes that carry the potential for jail time, you have a chance of going to jail.

We don't know your age, your criminal history, or other factors that may affect your outcome. Many jurisdictions offer first offender programs for simple possession that may allow a defendant to avoid a conviction if he successfully completes a period of probation (and testing). I suggest checking the court website, prosecutor's website and consulting a local lawyer about that possibility and whether you qualify. (I can't promise what relevant information, if any, you'll find on the court or prosecutor's website.)

Default Re: Charged with Possession of Under 50g of Marijuana, Possession of Drug Paraphernal

This is my first offense, I do not have a criminal history and I'm twenty.

1. Sponsored Links