Default Problem with Leased Car and Registration

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Davenport, Iowa

About 2 months ago I leased a car at IL dealer shop, but I coudn't register the car becase the dealer did not give all of doucuments that IA wants for registration. So then delarship finally told me that they will take care everything for me to do nothing and not worry about dealing with DMV.

Also, the sales man told me that I can get the plate within two to three weeks, but Now it has been almost two month and I am still going through same problem. When dealer told me that I didn't have to worry about anything and I thought he meant he will take care of all the fees that cost for registration but now he is coming back to me with the extra fees that I didn't counted for.

Right now, I can't pay what dealer wants me to pay because it was planned in my budget and at the same time, I don't know what else I can do. If I can, I would like to return the car and start everything over at my states to make my life easier.

What will be the best thing to do for me? I am not sure if I should force to go with what dealer said at first or just pay what dealer told me and get it over with.

Default Re: Problem with Leased Car and Registration

You're stating that you assumed that you wouldn't have to pay for registration of the vehicle, but that nobody promised you that you wouldn't have to pay the fees? Then you can expect that the fees are your responsibility.

Your unwillingness to pay for registration does not entitle you to return the car. I expect that an attempt to do so would involve your taking a much more serious financial hit than paying to register your vehicle.

1. Sponsored Links