Default Daughter Used Terminated Insurance Card Rather Than New Insurance Card

My question involves insurance law for the state of: Ohio
    My daughter used insurance that had expired a few days earlier instead of using the new card for the new insurance and picked up a prescription. Now the old insurance company wants reimbursed. They claim my new insurance will issue a check to me and then I can sign it over to them (the old company). The new insurance says they cannot reimburse me for something I did not pay for! What should i do- we are talking about 300.00 claim!
    Thank you for any help

Default Re: Daughter Used Terminated Insurance Card Rather Than New Insurance Card

Are you the insured or is your daughter? How old is she?

Default Re: Daughter Used Terminated Insurance Card Rather Than New Insurance Card

I carry the insurance as the parent. My daughter is 22. She forgot to throw the old card away when I gave her the new one. If the old company had let us know right away, the pharmacy could have taken care of it (they will reverse and resubmit within 30 days). The old insurance company is not even handling the situation- they immediately turned it over to some kind of collector to take care of it.

And if your daughter had used the right card, no one one have had to let you know anything. It's not the insurance carrier's fault. It's no one's fault but your daughter's.

The only solution I see is for you to reimburse the old carrier. Then you will have paid and the new carrier will be able to process the claim.

1. Sponsored Links