Post Missed Court, Still Owe Restitution

My question involves criminal law for the state of: NewYork i have paid 1000 in restitution, owe 3000 more. Was told by previous judge that would be good and I would be finished with probation and court. I was on probation for five years, and still on. I was to be off in September of last year. I wa stold I can serve up to six months to a year. Missed court do to being in the hospital. What now ?

Default Re: Missed Court, Still Owe Restitution

Quote Quoting angelrose7333
    View Post
    Was told by previous judge that would be good and I would be finished with probation and court.
    You were told that when and under what circumstances? On the record? Your probation officer concurs?
    I was on probation for five years, and still on. I was to be off in September of last year.
    So you're still on probation but at some point in the past, due to the missed court date, you stopped going to meetings with your probation officer?
    Missed court do to being in the hospital.
    How long ago was that? what was the purpose of the court hearing?

Was this a sudden medical emergency that required inpatient hospitalization? Did you inform the court or probation officer in advance of the court date that you were going into the hospital or were in the hospital? Did you inform your probation officer after-the-fact?
    I wa stold I can serve up to six months to a year.
    You were told this by whom? Your probation officer? You were told this in relation to what? Your unpaid restitution, prior to your failure to appear? Your failure to appear? Both?
    What now ?
    Now you need to deal with, I assume, a bench warrant for your failure to appear, your probation violation and your unpaid restitution. It would be sensible for you to work with a criminal defense lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links