Default Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Not Registered with Car Manufacturer

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Californiz

Hello,

I purchased a used 2009 Kia Sedona in August, 2010. The dealership that I purchased it from went under(Carl Kia in San Jose, CA) I bought it as a certified pre-owned vehicle and I have a contract that states it is so. The dealer never put the contract in seemingly before they went under and I had a complaint filed with Kia Motors to which I finally got a response stating that they cannot do anything about it. What, if anything, can be done about it ? Any other tips will also be appreciated.

thanks
    rahul

Default Re: Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Not Registered with Car Manufacturer

Unfortunately Carl Kia of San Jose, CA isn't Kia USA, so you will have to find and sue Carl Kia for the price of the contract that you purchased.

Thanks Who'sThatGuy. Any idea how I can figure out who took over Carl Kia's assets ? There is a new Kia dealership in their place now at the same location, but for a while there was no entity there.

I would start with calling Kia Motors USA and see if they have any contact information for them. Then I would take a visit to the new dealership and see if anyone there knows what happen with them.

1. Sponsored Links