Default How to Get Out of a Revoked Plates Ticket

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: Illinois, Dupage county

So I sold my brother my car and let him use the plates so he wouldnt have to dish out 200 bucks and in turn I bought his beater to drive around for the winter and I was gonna keep his plates. Well turns out his plates got revoked for whatever reason so I guess im just gonna have to go register the car in my name. Is their any way to get out of this ticket by bringing an updated registration that is valid to court?

Default Re: How to Get Out of a Revoked Plates Ticket

Kind of sounds like Karma is alive and well. You can try making the car legal. It doesn't change the fact you did break the law but a lenient judge could dismiss the charges if he is feeling benevolent. I would suggest making it legal just because that is what is required. If you haven;t changed the title and plates by the time of the court hearing, I would suspect you will have absolutely no chance of making any sort of deal on the ticket.

Did your car get towed? If not, I think you already got a huge break.

Default Re: How to Get Out of a Revoked Plates Ticket

Karma for what?? Doin him a favor?? Or giving someone a ride that had no license? I dont get it. anyways The cop was pretty cool considering I had nothing but a credit card on me and some cash. He literally gave me a huge break just giving me a few tickets. I will say I thought it was kinda messed up he pulled over just to get behind me to run my plates lol but oh well, what are you gonna do. At least their non-movers. (got a ticket for license not on person)

1. Sponsored Links