Default Can I Collect Unemployment Benefits in California After Disability Insurance Ends

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: California
    I have worked for a hotel for the last for years. Nine days ago we were told that the hotel has went into receivership. We were told that we had to reapply for our jobs and would lose all benefits and seniority. I found out three days later i have to go on disability due to a abdominal absences. I will be out for about four weeks. I filled out SDI today after I was taken off for the four weeks. I was just called and told by my employer. They will not be holding my job. Can I collect unemployment benefits after the four weeks or should i go on unemployment instead?

Default Re: Can I Collect Unemployment Benefits in California After Disability Insurance Ends

Collecting unemployment benefits and "going on unemployment" are the same thing.

You should be eligible for unemployment once you are medically released to return to work.

1. Sponsored Links