Question My Neighbor Put His Fence Before His Border Line

My question involves real estate located in the State of: nj
    my neighbor put his fence befor his border line and live me few bushes in my side, right now i'm trying to put my own fence so i remove the bushes(it's half mine , half his) i'm not going to tuch is property line only on my border. for 2 years i'm paying for gardner and everything and he ignore me or the bushes.
    right now i found out that his fence sitting 3 inch on my property.(in the end of the line)
    he want me to pay for the bushed that was already died and my gardner also told me that is not value , he ask me over $7k
    what the low said about neighber that live behind the fence dirt and bushed and force the neibhbor to dill with them?

Default Re: My Neighber Put His Fence Befor His Border Line

How do you know the fence is 3" onto your property?

Why is your neighbor insisting that you pay for the dead bushes?

Why do you want to build a fence alongside your neighbor's?

Default Re: My Neighbor Put His Fence Before His Border Line

1. it's on my survy.(i didn't know it until all this problem)
    2.his lowyer said that it's provide shade and privecy but it's not true becuse it's even not go over the fence he can not see it from his house.
    ** i never speak with my neighber when we move we say hello and that it and one day the hello also stop.
    i both this house 2 years ago and i did not know about the fence i was thinking that the fence is the border line until one the the neighber went to speak with my contractor and told him tell the owner this is my property.. the old lady that use to live here befor didn't want to cut it and he want so he put the fence befor...so he said " she give me hard time i will give them .." he continue the fight with me ...
    3. the first time that i hear from him it was a letter from his lowyer.
    4.all the bushes was infected and my gardner try to fix it but no luck it cost me $600.00 and i have 4 baby's that go everywere and one day my dother fell on the bushes and got hart and i was scard and i said that it i'm not going to put my kids life in danger... it's summer soon they will be outside a lot.
    **all the tree and the bushes around also his infected so i putting a fence.
    5.i want to put my own fence
    1. i don't want nothing together with my neighber.
    2. he is crazy every small thing that happen to the fence he will blam me
    3.i can not use his fence becuse the border line is not currect and i cant go over his property.
    4.i dont like the color or the matirial
    5. i have 4 kids that play is painting that can cuse damage to his fence.

there is alot more small stuff that he did to me like calling the police that i cut the bushes, comlain to the town all day bring peple showing my back yard taking pic.

thank's

Default Re: My Neighbor Put His Fence Before His Border Line

3" is probably not worth the expense of fighting to regain at this time. Talk to a lawyer about ways, other than going to court, to prevent him from accruing time toward an adverse claim. Permissive use comes to mind.

If the bushes are all on your side of the fence he built, then I don't see that he has any say what you do with them as long as they don't interfere with his use of his property. You are under no obligation to provide shade for a portion of his yard.

I usually don't like spite fences - in this case that means one fence built right next to another. It is usually a sign that one or both neighbors are crazy. As a surveyor, if I see a spite fence before giving an estimate, my price goes up considerably because I know that I will run into problems.

You do what you need to do to keep you and your children safe though. You already have a survey, now get a lawyer for the purpose of getting your neighbor to back off.

Good luck.

1. Sponsored Links