Default Division of Assets With Premarital Property, Disabled Spouse

My question involves marriage law for the State of: Michigan...
    I am a 60 yr old female on SSD, getting $157 a month... My husband and i lived together for 6 years before we got married...now married for 8 years... Our first home, I paid cash for it... several homes later, and now this divorce, he thinks he can have the house, because he is now making the payments... He has a GM pension, and has a part time job... How can I get the house, and have him make the payments, without putting me in out on the street ? I can not afford a roof over my head, yet he feels he will walk away with everything we have... 5th wheel, pontoon, house, jeep, 2 trucks...
    How can i fight to keep my home and have him ordered to keep me in the life style that I am used to ??

Default Re: SSD Lady Needs Advice

Quote Quoting Warrene
    View Post
    My question involves marriage law for the State of: Michigan...
    I am a 60 yr old female on SSD, getting $157 a month... My husband and i lived together for 6 years before we got married...now married for 8 years... Our first home, I paid cash for it... several homes later, and now this divorce, he thinks he can have the house, because he is now making the payments... He has a GM pension, and has a part time job... How can I get the house, and have him make the payments, without putting me in out on the street ? I can not afford a roof over my head, yet he feels he will walk away with everything we have... 5th wheel, pontoon, house, jeep, 2 trucks...
    How can i fight to keep my home and have him ordered to keep me in the life style that I am used to ??

When did you become disabled?

Generally an 8 year marriage would only result in temporary spousal support (if any).

But you need to answer the question.

1. Sponsored Links