Default Car Theft, Dealer Inside Job: Key Copied, Kill Switch Bypassed

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: New York

Hello. The story will be short cut and detailed in order.

Jan 2010:

-Sister buys TSX Acura from different state, for reasons hating the NY Acura dealer.
    -Sister's TSX has recall by manufacturer notice.
    -Sister's TSX forced to be serviced at the NY Acura Dealer. (Keys left with Dealer)
    -Sister's TSX 3-4 Weeks later, stolen!
    *No windows broken. No entrance from trunk. No engine hot wired. No noise, no alarm went off. Car found 5 days later. Stripped for parts.

(3 months later)

August 2010

-Brother(me) buys 2010 MDX from NY Acura Dealership.
    -5 Months later, MDX gets into an accident due to snow storm.
    -Called NY Acura Dealer. I was instructed to bring in car next day. Car left with 1 key at dealer.
    -NY Acura Dealer does not have a collision garbage shop. Thus uses contracted Collision shop to deal with all Acura dealer cars.
    -MDX stayed 3 weeks at body shop contracted by Acura.
    -MDX returned to Owner(Brother-me).
    -Exactly 30Days/1Month Later after getting car back from shop repaired.
    -1PM. I look out the backyard window, and see my MDX make a U-Turn in my backyard community driveway.
    *A man walks up to my MDX. Enters it. Drives off. Gone.
    **No forced entry. No entry from trunk. No broken glass. No hot wire. Gone under 15 seconds.

My MDX has full coverage and LOJACK. Plus, it has two registered car keys.
    This means, if my car moves 2 feet forward or backward without my keys in the car. The LOJACK alarm goes off. (when stolen-the alarm did go off-okay!)

My two registered keys have built in chips/ or a transponder key.

"A transponder key blank, if cut correctly, can crank a car. But if it hasn't been programmed, the car wonít recognize the serial number that is being transmitted within its set of confirmed and correct numbers - and the car won't start."

My MDX has a kill-switch. Meaning- if this key is not programmed to the serial of my car at factory start. The car wont allow engine to run. It dies automatically.
    My father once tried to use my 2nd key day after buying the car, and couldn't use it because engine killed itself on its own key, un-programmed.

*Spare and clean cut transponder keys are purchasable yourself. However, only a dealer can program it.

It has been 7 hours. Car is still missing even WITH lo-jack, and with a police report 1 minute after car theft. Surprised? Coincidence? Ideas?

I want to take serious action against the dealership or the collision body shop that serviced and repaired my car. I want people responsible and held accountable.

DO i have a case or anything worth using? If it was just my car, i would be different, but it was done to my sister, and now me. SAME METHOD. Shortly after the visit to this Dealership that held our keys.

Please help me.

Default Re: Car Theft, Dealer Inside Job: Key Copied, Kill Switch Bypassed

I want to take serious action against the dealership or the collision body shop that serviced and repaired my car. I want people responsible and held accountable.
    when you have something beyond circumstantial evidence, you run right after the people from that garage. Until then, you have, at best, circumstantial evidence. Of course, you should report the coincidences to the police. It actually could be a car theft ring but you don't have enough evidence to prove anything. Hopefully the cops can check it out.

Only the dealer can program new keys. What else is there to talk about?
    Only the shop had 3 weeks to full access of my vehicles lojack location.
    Only the dealer and shop had access to my key and car computer system.

Prior knowledge, deep detailed preparations. It was planned carefully and executed easily. They did it. No other explanation.

You can report your suspicions to the police, who will investigate. If and when the vehicle is recovered it will be possible to examine the mechanism by which it was stolen.

WonderWhy817;507169]Only the dealer can program new keys. What else is there to talk about?
    from my research, no, that is not true

Only the shop had 3 weeks to full access of my vehicles lojack location.
    and?

Only the dealer and shop had access to my key and car computer system
    .and?

Prior knowledge, deep detailed preparations. It was planned carefully and executed easily. They did it. No other explanation.
    so, you have suspicion and circumstantial evidence. So far, that and a couple bucks will get you a cup of coffee. It won't get anybody convicted of anything.

btw: if you think thieves haven't figured out how to bypass the security system you are fooling yourself. The security systems in use today are quite sophisticated but they are far from 100% effective.

now, even you said the lojack did activate:

My MDX has full coverage and LOJACK. Plus, it has two registered car keys.
    This means, if my car moves 2 feet forward or backward without my keys in the car. The LOJACK alarm goes off. (when stolen-the alarm did go off-okay!)
    Heck, based on your theories and this would mean the cops were involved:

Car is still missing even WITH lo-jack, and with a police report 1 minute after car theft. Surprised? Coincidence? Ideas?
    from what I read onthe LoJack site, the LoJack must be activated BY THE POLICE for it to transmit. Did the police activate it? Are the police in your area even able to do that? (I really don't know how the entire system works. Just going by what the LoJack site says). According the their site, this is what LoKack service is available in NY

New York - Bronx, Kings, Nassau, New York, Orange, Putnam, Queens, Richmond, Rockland, Suffolk, Westchester

are you in any of those area?

Honestly. I may think. My best bets are: My car never shows up. Insurance cuts me a check for what i paid, or issues me a replacement new car. Or, second, the dealership works with me, beyond average, and get me a super deal on a trade in car.

I really understand your side. I really do. But my sister and my car both easily accessed within 15seconds. Too much preparation to go that smooth. There was planning and testing, try and error to make it this perfect. That was only possible when the car was out of mine and my sisters possession. Lightning strikes twice.

As far as I know, the LOJACK Early Warning Recovery System (the auto security system that contacts you if someone moves your vehicle without your permission) is an added option to the basic LOJACK Stolen Vehicle Recovery System (which contains a small, silent transmitter hidden in your vehicle allows the police to track and recover your vehicle it if it's stolen).

Whether you have both or not, I don't now. For either systems to work, they would have to have been installed by and registered with Lojack!

At any rate, either LoJack system can only be programed by LoJack.... The dealer does not install the system nor do they have the ability to program the Acura key Fob or the extra LoJack key Fob that is needed for the "Early Warning Recovery System" to properly work.

So while it is possible that someone working at the dealer can order and program an extra Acura key, it is highly unlikely that they can program a LoJack key fob for the same. Alternatively, while it is possible that someone at LoJack can program a Lojack key fob, it is highly unlikely that they can order and program an Acura key fob without proof of ownership and a written request from the vehicle owner (you).

. My best bets are: My car never shows up. Insurance cuts me a check for what i paid, or issues me a replacement new car. Or, second, the dealership works with me, beyond average, and get me a super deal on a trade in car.
    Insurance (yours) will pay you fair market value (that is if you have theft insurance).

I really understand your side. I really do. But my sister and my car both easily accessed within 15seconds. Too much preparation to go that smooth. There was planning and testing, try and error to make it this perfect. That was only possible when the car was out of mine and my sisters possession. Lightning strikes twice.
    I don't totally disagree with you but your suspicion plus my suspicion and a couple bucks will still get you nothing more than that cup of coffee at McDonald's.

1. Sponsored Links