My roommate and I signed our lease in July of 2010 and not even two months later she moved out. She paid rent twice and after that never paid again. We paid $300 dollars a piece each month for rent. (She was also slandering my name across town) I would like to know can I sue her for back rent. She is on the lease with me. Also, she is trying to get on a lease with someone else and ours isn't up for another couple of months. She tried to get off the lease after she moved out and the leasing office told her she couldn't. I would like to add in some additional info two weeks before she moved out we let our friend move in because her and her boyfriend got kicked out of her moms. It was temporary, they had an apartment that they put their deposit down on. They were waiting on the apartment to be finished since the people who lived there just moved out. Also, I let my husband friend stay with us while he visited instead of staying in a hotel. In both situations they helped out around the house. I have been paying the full $600 for 7 months now, and frankly that's a lot for just me to pay. I just would like to know if I could take her to court over this and actually have a shot at winning.