Red face Change of Domicile - Custodial Parent Job Offer and Non Custodial Parent Unemployed

My question involves a child custody case from the State of Michigan

I have both legal and physical custody of my 3 children (9,2,2). Their father lost his job due to drug abuse and is out of work and has not been able to provide any support. I have applied for out of state positions to seek a higer salary as currently my monthly outgoings are higher than my salary. There is a good chance of a job offer making almost $20,000 more than I currently make.

The state of such job is about 175 miles away so there is the chance to see the children without having to fly long distance and is drivable. With a job offer letter and the fact that the childrens and custodial parent (mothers) quality of life will improve, will a judge be likely to grant a change of domicile as the father is not able to provide support.

Thank you

Default Re: Change of Domicile - Custodial Parent Job Offer and Non Custodial Parent Unemploy

Quote Quoting tresmilagros
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of Michigan

I have both legal and physical custody of my 3 children (9,2,2). Their father lost his job due to drug abuse and is out of work and has not been able to provide any support. I have applied for out of state positions to seek a higer salary as currently my monthly outgoings are higher than my salary. There is a good chance of a job offer making almost $20,000 more than I currently make.

The state of such job is about 175 miles away so there is the chance to see the children without having to fly long distance and is drivable. With a job offer letter and the fact that the childrens and custodial parent (mothers) quality of life will improve, will a judge be likely to grant a change of domicile as the father is not able to provide support.

Thank you

Are you willing to provide all the costs of transportation? Offered Dad a decent long-distance parenting plan?

1. Sponsored Links