Default Non-Married Split Up. if She Has a Boyfriend Move in

My question involves child support in the State of: Florida
    I was recently served with a restraining order by my girlfriend of 6 years. I work out of town, rather all over the world. I'm home maybe 4 days a month, if i'm lucky. I came home to this surprise. Not a good week. According to my research of bank records and phone calls and personal observation(from a distance), i believe she may have been cheating on me for the last 2 months. Everything points in the direction. i will be the one that is forced to pay child support, and i'm more than ok with that, i love my son. My question is this, if she moves this man into her home, even though they may not be married, but are a couple, sharing the daily bills, can my child support payments be reduced? Do i have any say in whom she brings home, and how often? I want what is best for my son. AND,in Florida, can i provide gift cards from a major local grocery store in place of sending money? All his needs can be met there, food, diapers etc etc. Please advise.

Default Re: Non-Married Split Up. if She Has a Boyfriend Move in

Quote Quoting skeptimist
    View Post
    My question involves child support in the State of: Florida
    I was recently served with a restraining order by my girlfriend of 6 years. I work out of town, rather all over the world. I'm home maybe 4 days a month, if i'm lucky. I came home to this surprise. Not a good week. According to my research of bank records and phone calls and personal observation(from a distance), i believe she may have been cheating on me for the last 2 months. Everything points in the direction. i will be the one that is forced to pay child support, and i'm more than ok with that, i love my son. My question is this, if she moves this man into her home, even though they may not be married, but are a couple, sharing the daily bills, can my child support payments be reduced? Do i have any say in whom she brings home, and how often? I want what is best for my son. AND,in Florida, can i provide gift cards from a major local grocery store in place of sending money? All his needs can be met there, food, diapers etc etc. Please advise.

No, your child support will not be reduced based upon her new guy's income.

Mom will likely file through CSE who will allow you to have the amount deducted from your paycheck. This is actually recommended, since it creates a solid paper-trail.

You will not be able to substitute gift cards for cash and frankly this would be unwise anyway.

You also won't be able to dictate who Mom moves in with, dates or hangs out with and since you were unmarried to begin with, a morality clause doesn't apply either.

If you can prove that the guy is a threat to your son, then you'll have something.

Default Re: Non-Married Split Up. if She Has a Boyfriend Move in

My question is this, if she moves this man into her home, even though they may not be married, but are a couple, sharing the daily bills, can my child support payments be reduced?
    No. the other man is not responsible for raising your child.

Do i have any say in whom she brings home, and how often?
    you can address the issue with the courts. If she presents an unhealthy or unsafe situation for the child, the courts can place orders to deal with that.

AND,in Florida, can i provide gift cards from a major local grocery store in place of sending money?
    not if you want it to be seen as CS. CS needs to go through the courts.

and to the underlying question: no, you do not get to control how the CS is spent.

1. Sponsored Links