Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation What Does it Mean to Have Sole Physical and Legal Custody and Liberal Visitation

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Virginia
    I have sole physical custodyof my 10 month old son and my exboyfriend and have joint legal custody with him having liberal visitation. Does that mean hegets to take our son out of my residence for visitation and if I dont let him can I be held in contempt?

Default Re: What Does My Having Sole Physical Custody with Joint Legal Custody and Liberal

it means the child resides with you full time (sole physical custody)

you must confer on decisions concerning the child (joint legal custody)

the other parent gets to have some visitation with the child and since there appears to be no restrictions, yes, he gets to take the son out of your residence if he so desires (liberal visitation)

Default Re: What Does My Having Sole Physical Custody with Joint Legal Custody and Liberal

Are you wanting to restrict visitation, Mom?

He is unstable and has no permanent address. He uses drugs also and I do not want my son around that. He has no clue how to take care of him. He also has no vehicle and the only contact we have is thru text he doesnt have a fone to call from of his own.

Quote Quoting ferrell101
    View Post
    He is unstable and has no permanent address. He uses drugs also and I do not want my son around that. He has no clue how to take care of him.

What proof do you have of any of this?

Were these issues proven in court (since custody has been decided already)?

then that is something you should have addressed in family court where this order came from. Did you tell the court he uses drugs? Did you tell the court he has no permanent address? did you say anything?

So if he comes to my lets say today and I dont let him take him can he bring the police with him to force me to let him have his visitation?

No I did not because he claimed he wasnt using anymore and I believed him and no I did not bring up the permenant address. I requsted supervised visititiation and the judge asked me did I think he would harm our son and I said no.

I requsted supervised visititiation and the judge asked me did I think he would harm our son and I said no.
    so why are you complaining now? You had your opportunity and said to the courts "no" he is not a threat to our son.

Since the terms of visitation are vague, it becomes very difficult to enforce. If you and the father cannot come to terms, somebody is going to have to take this back to court to have defined visitation established.

Will the police enforce an ambiguous visitation schedule? they shouldn't even consider it. They should simply refer the aggrieved party to take it to court.

I have no proof besides what I have seen and heard. I went to his sisters house to spend the weekend and witnessed the drug usage and I told him I didnt want that around my son and he did once anyway. I was scared to say anything beings I was at his sisters. And this happened after the order was made.

so, now you have the situation you have. You have to decide what you want. Then you live with that choice. You didn't want to bring up the drug issue and that was your choice so now you are where you are.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast