Default How Do I Make Full Guardianship Permanent

My question involves guardianship in the State of: Michigan
    I was granted full guardianship of my two niece's almost a year ago. The court document list supervised visits for the parents. Guardisnship was granted because the mother was mentaly instable and the father had pending CPS cases against him.

The mother tryed to commit suicide while the children where home. At the time she was living with a boyfirend. She was admitted to a phsyciatric ward. Rather then have the them go to CPS. They came to live with me and Full Guardianship was granted.
    The mother one month later married the boyfriend. And has since been taking care of his child that still lives in the house.

She now feels that she has her stuff together and wants to get the girls back.

I do not think that is the best thing for them. It is the same situation that they where removed from. Nothing has changed but a marriage license. .

My question is what are my rights? What can I do to make sure the girls stay in a safe enviorment that is stable. How do I protect them?

Default Re: How Do I Make Full Guardianship Permanent

If you're unable to prove she's unfit, you'll have a very difficult time keeping the girls.

Consult a local attorney who specializes in family law.

1. Sponsored Links