Default Tased for Standing on a Public Sidewalk. Charged with Assault 3, Trespassing, UTC

My question involves civil rights in the State of: WA

I saw the bomb squad and thought it was interesting. The side that the truck was on was taped off and the other side of the street had people walking around. I took a seat and watched the robot go into the parking garage then 2 officers approched me. One of them had his taser in his hand. They said I had to move I was in danger. I then said why is this area not taped off like the other side of the street? They did not like that so I started walking. I got about 15 yards looked back and they where right behind me. There was a lady and 2 kids where I was standing at first and I said what about her she is in danger. They said we are dealing with you. I then told them that I knew they just wanted to tase the biggest guy so they could feel the power rush that they loved. I said go ahead and tase me. Then started trying to pump my self up to get ready for it. They tased me and I hit the floor. So they lock me in jail. I was not able to call anyone. 2 days later they open the door and say ok you can go. I went down and aksed for the police report and they said it would be 30 days. 30 days passed and nothing. So I stat\rted going every week and all they could tell me was that it was not approved by the detective. So last week I started sending emails to anyone I could find in Gov and now I get the report. It says I charged them and they had to draw there ETC and tase me because of that. How do I get the cops on a lie detector test and prove they lied?

Default Re: Tased for Standing on a Public Sidewalk. Charged with Assault 3, Trespassing, UTC

You're not going to get the officers on a lie detector test for several reasons. First, the courts can not order anyone to undergo a lie detector test, second the courts don't accept them as proof of anything. The test are unreliable and are able to be defeated.

Default Re: Tased for Standing on a Public Sidewalk. Charged with Assault 3, Trespassing, UTC

You need a lawyer. You claim there's a witness. Help your lawyer track down and talk to the witness.

You have told us that you acted like a complete buffoon by "pumping yourself up" while challenging the officers to tase you. They appear to be saying that your "pumping yourself up" made them believe you were in the process of charging them.

Lesson: Before you confront the police, make sure you get an audio and/or video recording of the event.

Of course, if you lose control during the incident, that might provide police with proof that you screwed up...

You need an attorney. Then your attorney and his investigators need to try to track down witnesses. See if there are any home or business security cameras on the scene, etc. Otherwise, you won't be able to prove it. Also, was anyone taping the scene? Okay, so if you can get the evidence, you might have a case.

There is no way you will get anyone to take a lie detector test. If you got the guts, file a complaint with internal affairs. Rresearch if there are any organziations in your city that take on the cops for brutality.

Also, if have any sense you would already be collecting evidence. EVERY police taser that shoots darts also deposits little id labels all over the place. You might even have some on your clothing. EVERY time a police taser is used, it has to be logged.

1. Sponsored Links