Question Driver's Responsibility Suspension With Wrong Driver's License Number

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: TN

I obtained my driving license early 2010 and during that summer, I bought a used car from my senior at my college and soon after that I wanted to change the title of the car to my name. However bad thing(s) happened the night before; where my car got into an accident with two other cars - I was not the one who's driving that car at that time. It was my friend who (borrowed my car) got involved in that accident. So basically, there's no insurance to cover those two cars and my car (which is not my car, yet). And now we have a problem with financial and I clearly told my friend that he needs to pay all the cost and I'm not responsible for what he had done. That was my first car in my life and I trust him to drive my car carefully. I know that it was my fault too allowing him to drive without an insurance.

TODAY, I received a letter from the TN Department stating that my license is revoked . The reason is:
    FAILURE TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF THE FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY LAW.

You must send the following items within 20 days.
    1. License
    2. Vehicle Tags
    3. Vehicle Registration

oh by the way, I sold my car to a wreck company .

The letter states that my license is revoked but my driving license no is : 000000000.

So I checked the TN Department of Safety today but the website says that my driving license is still "valid".

So what should I do now? Just ignore the letter? or
    Should I call them or send them a letter about my situation?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Driver's Responsibility Suspension With Wrong Driver's License Number

We're not able to investigate this for you - you need to do your own leg work.

The fact that the state has identified you, but has not yet correctly associated the pending suspension with your driver's license number, does not mean that they won't soon do exactly that.

1. Sponsored Links