Hybrid View

Default Federal Indictment for crimes of my boss

I am being indicted for processing loans for my boss for a realtor whom he had a relationship for years prior to my employement with this owner. I just came out of prison and went to a temp office and got this job. I didn't know anything about the job so my boss trained me. I worked for him for eight years, and did what I had always done from day one. The realtor was found to have been doing fraudulent loans with another mortgage company and they said he did a couple of false loans with our company to. The Feds went right to my boss to question him and he said that it was all my fault and that I was a prior felon and he didn't know anything about it. I was a processor, he was the loan officer ad broker,he didn't get indicted I did. They showed said that he told them I was the one doing illegal things, but loan officers and brokers are lisenced and bound to be the person who not only collects all the information but also reviews all files since they are the ones who are paid the points on the file. I recieved nothing for any of these files other than my normal salary. Some of his other friends were also indicted (his attorney friend who did the closings and did title work) his appraiser friends, and other clients who he did loans with. When I got indicted he continued to do business with these same people who are also indicted. The attorney said that I was used as a 5K1.1 opportunity (meaning he implicated me for a downward departure and my bosses immunity). I have the charge from ten years ago now and they say that there is no way I could win no matter what I did. How can I be responsible when I was not in any authoritive position and my work was reviewed by tons of other people before going to closing. This boss was my best friend, he just gave me a big bonus before the feds came and gave me his Lexus as my own business car, He fired me the day they came to tallk to him, I had no idea, I was shocked. I didn't know until the attorney told me that they had come to him and he blamed me. He said he (by boss) was cooperating with the feds, but he is giving them files from his own hands. I don't understand it. I have a good lawyer but It looks like they are going to bury me. I am a mom of five kids, I have been a church elder for four years, I sing in the choir, I work at Habitat for Humanity I sponsored a family from Kosovo (put them up in an apartment, got them a job, took them to school, work, dentist etcl) I have years of perfect behavior, this just has shattered my world. I don't want to hurt my boss because I am not like him, but there are tons of loans he did with this realtor while his sister was the processer, prior to me, and she said they were all sketchy, How can he not be indicted, it's his business.

Default Criminal Charges

It is difficult to second-guess your situation without being much more familiar with the facts and circumstances.

When you write:
    Quote Quoting Mujiebur
    I don't want to hurt my boss because I am not like him, but there are tons of loans he did with this realtor while his sister was the processer, prior to me, and she said they were all sketchy, How can he not be indicted, it's his business.
    Are you suggesting that you have done something to protect your boss? If so, reconsider, as your boss is doing nothing to protect you.

1. Sponsored Links