Default Getting Bond Terms Lifted After Domestic Battery

Last night my husabnd and I got into an arguement. The kids were in the house, but in a different room. I locked myself in the bathroom and threatened to hurt myself. He broke down the door and grabbed my wrists so I could not get to the razor. He called his mother to come and get the kids. She did. He called 911 and the police came. Somehow he became the bad guy in all of this and was arrested. Something he said to the police about grabbing my wrists so that I would not cut myself got him into trouble. Now they are trying to charge him with battery and I guess in Georgia because the children were in the home two counts of child cruelty. My children are 5 & 7 and have no idea of anything happening. They love thier father. We have worked so hard to be good parents and we are. This 1 day in our life has screwed it all up. At the bond hearing they said that part of his bond conditions not to come within 500 feet or maybe yards of me or the children. This will crush my children and me as well. I have been treated for depression and I need his support in order to get through this. I have been with my husband for 11 years and he has never laid a hand on me. We have been arguing a lot lately and had agreed to go to marriage counseling. We always are very cautious about arguing in front of the children. My question is..... Is there any way to go about getting the bond terms lifted? I need my husband and so do my children. What can I do?

Default Criminal Charges

Your husband should retain counsel.

You will have a difficult time, given that a lot of battered spouses try to get charges dropped or restraining orders lifted, and prosecutors thus tend to assume that the spouse is lying to protect a battering husband.

What do you mean by retain counsel?

I feel a little better about this situation now (a few days later). He will have a lawyer and my family is willing to testify on his behalf. They feel this is ridiculous. My mother and father (who are divorced) and my sister.

1. Sponsored Links