Default In an Accident in a New, Uninsured Car, At Fault Driver was Also Uninsured

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: TN

So I just bought a car 2 weeks ago,

A girl ran stop sign and we t boned. She admitted fault at the scene. I still owed ont he car and put down $1200 payment.

she has no insurance and i didnt. Car lot never ask for insurance when i drove off lot and bought the car.

I was under impression i had 45 days to get insurance and I could had sworn car lot said they had insurance when they took pictures of my car and I was asking why,

So in TN does anybody know whats the outcome. can i sue? am i responsible for loan? what are my options? I want to take her to civil court?

car lot is buy here pay here small lot that fill damaged cars and resell.

Maybe they can refix it and give it back to me since that is what there going to do anyway more then likely..

what are my options.

Other driver was not hurt and admitted fault and she even said to police she misjudged he driving and it was her fault.

What are my options does it look good for me?

Default Re: Accident Not My Fault Driver No Insurance and Not Me. Bought Car 2 Weeks Before

\. can i sue?
    based on what you have said; yes

am i responsible for loan?
    yes

what are my options?
    for?

I want to take her to civil court?
    that would be the place to deal with this

car lot is buy here pay here small lot that fill damaged cars and resell.
    I suspect you might owe more than what you are likely to be awarded in a law suit. A lot of buy here pay here lots tend to have overpriced cars. If so, you will be responsible for anything above fair market value as that is all you will get in a judgment award.

What are my options does it look good for me?
    It looks good and bad. It sounds like there isn't a question of who is at fault. That is the only good thing though. What looks bad is she doesn't have in insurance. Unless she has a lot of money in her pocket, just how do you expect to collect on a judgment? Since your car was bought through a buy here pay here lot that typically overprices their cars, you may not be awarded enough to cover the debt you owe. That means you would owe anything above that out of your pocket.

1. Sponsored Links