Default No Easement Provided for New Power Lines

My question involves an easement in the state of: PA. Several years ago (7/14/09) I actually posed this same question- the power company ran new lines through my backyard to service a new home built across the street behind me and no easement was ever provided. Our home was new construction so there were no previous owners. Did the power company have the right to run these lines? No other homes appear to have lines run through their properties, just from the street to the side of the home to provide power. We are in a private community- would the company only need permission from the community to do this? I'm becoming more concerned with children in the home and also since we need to remove some trees in the backyard. Thanks for your time.

Default Re: No Easement Provided for New Power Lines

ask the power company if they have an easement. They have faster access to any easement documents than just about anybody else would.

Default Re: No Easement Provided for New Power Lines

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    ask the power company if they have an easement. They have faster access to any easement documents than just about anybody else would.
    Ideally, you would check your subdivision plat to see if there is a utility easement on the plat and also check the public records.

I agree with jk that you can check with the power company and ask for a copy of the easement if necessary.

The power company real estate department will probably help you although you really should check with the government office where the easements are recorded yourself. If there's a written easement, it's recorded in the public records.

1. Sponsored Links