Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default How Can I Help My Fiance Get Papers

    I am a USC, but my fiance is not. He came to the US illegally in 1996 and was deported back to Mexico a year later, but came right back to the US again. We had a baby last year and we're planning on getting married. I worry a lot about him being deported again and would like to know the best way to help him get a visa in this situation. I've heard of people in our situation going back to Mexico and marrying there and applying from there. In those cases I believe people lie about ever coming to the US, but my fiance was married and divorced in the US and has been here for the last 13 years since he was deported, so I don't think that is an option. Please help.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: How Can I Help My Fiance Get Papers

    He's not going to be able to adjust his status because he has no status. If he leaves the U.S. he will be subject to a lifetime bar due to his illegal reentry after deportation. He has a small chance of getting a waiver of his ineligibility (although not while he remains in the U.S. - he has to apply from outside of the U.S.); you can discuss the situation in detail with an immigration lawyer to have that chance assessed.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Getting Fired: Termination Papers
    By js61 in forum Employment and Labor
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 12:05 AM
  2. Getting Fired: Termination Papers
    By prinzs in forum Employment and Labor
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 06:38 PM
  3. The Federalist Papers
    By BOR in forum Banter
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 01:01 PM
  4. Where Do I Go to Get the Papers
    By m301 in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 12:51 PM
  5. Divorce: can i file papers myself
    By sassysmom in forum Divorce, Annulment and Separation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2004, 12:37 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources